In the current climate of globalization, travelling for work and pleasure has become a common activity in most of our lives. One of our primary concerns when we travel is to get the right kind of accommodation after a hard day’s work or sightseeing, in order to rejuvenate and refresh.
The first choice of lodging for most of us would be a hotel that suits our budget and offers the comforts of home, though these commercial establishments always seem to remind us that we are far away from that ideal. Bed and Breakfast (B&B for short) offers an ideal solution to this problem.
What are B&Bs?
B&Bs are mostly private homes that offer rooms for a price to weary travellers for overnight stays, along with breakfast the next morning. B&Bs generally have numerous rooms that are available to travellers, and, as the name suggests, only breakfast is on offer.
Amenities and Comforts of a B&B:
B&Bs outscore their commercial hotel counterparts when it comes to the amenities that they offer within the reasonable prices they charge.
- Flexible check-in and check-out times when contacted in advance
- Private bathrooms for guests. When B&Bs started out initially, guests were supposed to share the bathrooms. However, most B&Bs now come with en-suite bathrooms.
- B&Bs take into consideration even the special dietary requirements of guests for breakfast. Homemade free breakfast is a definite advantage.
- Free Wi-Fi, bottled water, LCD televisions in the rooms, and free parking
- Service that caters to every whim and fancy of the guests, and tailored accordingly
- Libraries, common areas for relaxation, and gardens for guests
- The cost of stay is generally less when compared to hotels
- A smaller and more intimate stay is guaranteed at a B&B
Tips for Choosing the Right B&B
A search for B&Bs in any area throws up numerous options. It is better to clearly understand the amenities offered, location and proximity to bus and train stations, minimum stay period, check-in and check-out times, and the cost, before deciding on a B&B, in order to avoid upsets and disappointments upon arrival.
B&Bs have been popular in Europe and the USA for a long time now, while other countries are slowly catching up with the concept. With unique, old world charm, ample opportunities to learn a lot about the local culture and customs, sumptuous breakfasts and modest costs, and the friendly and personalized service one receives at a B&B, it all adds up to a complete vacation package.